
Sometimes my favorite part of the day is when I am by myself biking along the streets of Amsterdam. To be fair, other days it rains or hails and I would rather be anywhere than on my bike. I also love sitting in the public library’s comfy black desk chairs, grabbing lunch at the cafĂ©, and then biking back along the water.
Whenever I bike home at night, I always pass the condos/apartments in Funenpark. These apartments are super nice and the owners usually leave their curtains open. I have two favorite families. One is the minimalist family. Everything in their house appears to be black or white and there is about one piece of fu

rniture in each room. This sounds creepy but biking behind their house (which I have to do to lock my bike), their kids also have very organized rooms with simple black bunk beds. Anyways, when I bike by they are always

laying across their black couch watching TV or eating at their table as a family. My other favorite condo/apartment is owned by an old gay couple or so I decided. Those two have a modern, but lived in home and sit for hours and hours eating dinner and sipping wine every night. It is refreshing to see people who can take the time to enjoy each other’s company and sit and talk for so long every night.
So far this semester I have learned that I will cook. I was unsure whether or not I would actually cook food especially without an oven or microwave but, as it turns out, I really like it. My crowning achievements thus far have been crepes, Pad Thai and experiments with marina

des that turned out delicious. On a slightly different note, I realized a while ago that I have yet to see a chocolate chip cookie since I left the U.S. They certainly have delicious sweets but I never considered chocolate chip cookies to be anything but universal.
Anyway, tomorrow I am going to Paris again. Yeah, I am pretty excited.
*The Pictures: Chair at Library, Views from the Library Cafe, and canal I pass to go basically anywhere.
1 comment:
You can get chocolate chip cookies at Albert Heijn. :)
Post a Comment