Monday, January 21, 2008

Today was our last day in Paris (for now). We went out to Versailles, spent time wandering John's favorite neighborhood and the Latin Quarter, going into shops, a department store and a fancy grocery store. We then strolled the area around the oldest university, through the Luxenberg Park and past the Senate, and then just hung out. While I enjoyed all the monuments and museums in Paris, one of my favorite memories was just sitting in a cafe sipping cappacino with Melissa and Jean-Baptiste, talking and laughing for about three hours. The fun continued with three hours of hanging out at J.B.'s apartment sipping wine, followed by another two hours at a braissarie for dinner. It was great to bond with our french brother.

Yesterday we went to Musee D'Orsay, followed by lunch at Gilles and Anges (J.B.'s parents). Anges made foie gras with chicken which was delicious. After lunch we went to Musee De L'Orangerie and walked around near the ferris wheel. Later we went over a plaza with the best view of the Eiffel Tower. After driving by J.B.'s high school, we went to Victoire and Dominic's for dinner. She made homemade dinner and dessert crepes.

Someday I will take the time to write about our first day which I spent in awe.

Tomorrow morning we head to Rome. I will likely not have internet again until the 31st or later unless we stop at an internet cafe. So until then, au revoir.

2 comments:

Tim Lehman said...

So I happened to stumble across your blog and I think it's funny that we have nearly the same picture at the top of both of our blogs.

I guess I'll see you in Amsterdam in a little over a weekend. Hooray!

Molly said...

I expect a very long and detailed entry about Rome when you regain internet access. Have fun!